Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

A gift set for a special person

Happy Friday Ladies!! As promised, here's the project that I've been wanting to share with you. It's a gift set that I made for a special person.......my SIL!

The gift set contents include a minibook, a matching card and a compact blusher by Clinique. Have you try this blusher? You should because it gives you a natural rosy cheek. I love this!



Here's a closeup of the gift bag. Originally it's a rectangular box that I had keep for the longest time and decided to turned it into a gift bag......now that's recycling :) I cut the top flaps to create an opening and wrap it with the new embossed cardstock by Bazzill Basic. Then I punched a strip of white cardstock and adhered to the top edges. I punched four holes (two each; front and back) and added eyelets using my newly bought crop-a-dile. I used some polka dots ribbon to create the handles and finished it off with buttons (a girl like me can't seem get away with buttons, huh).



The card....using October Afternoon paper and die-cuts. The 'birthday' was my handwriting. Yes, you read it right....my handwriting. Big deal! At first I was intimidated to write but a after a few moments of contemplation, I finally give it a try (but you can still see the imperfectness).



The mini book......using paper from Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon and Making Memories.



The inside of the mini  book.....











Buh-bye! Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Cindy...what a fabulously thoughtful gift...I'm sure she loved it!!!!! Love your card....delish...OA...that stuff rocks! Your mini album is going to be a wonderful keepsake..great pics to scrap....such a nice presentation your bag makes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous gift set! Wow, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is fabulous!!! Gorgeous papers, colors, design, everything! What an awesome gift set, it is just simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you're such a sweetheart.... that's a precious gift package!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cindy!! Your cards are awesome & that mini album is beautiful!! Thanks for dropping by my blog... will drop by to say hello again!!

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic work Cindy. the whole package is really thoughtful and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy, these are adorable! Luving the project! I wouldn't be able to pull of a whole set, good for you! Congrats on being a winner at the Cards Blog, you rock!

    Hug
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I should blog this.
    Thanks for the loveliest gift ever. It was like a perfect gift from heaven. I just finish my blusher and you gave me one. What you did with the mini photobook was awesome and I just love it allot (now proudly displaying it in my cube)
    & top it all up the sweetest packaging ever. It's like those packaging from the movies, you know the white wrapper sticking out from the paper bag. I just loveeeee it!!!
    Seriously, to a point when I got the gift I was speechless..."lau ngan sui"... :P
    Thanks dearie..muak muak :)*
    hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was very interesting for me to read this post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

    Joan Simpson

    ReplyDelete