Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Card & An Album

Do you remember the banner layout I did a month back? You can check the original post here. I was estatic when I received an email from Nicole Harper that my layout was picked as layout of the week and will be featured on Studio Calico blog. That was almost a month ago and I forgot to share it with you until now. Me and my memory doesn't work that well these days....well they never did anyway...lol. To check out the Studio Calico blog, go here.

Ok, the reason I suddenly remember about the banner layout is because this card was inspired entirely by it. To be honest, I love this card so much! Well, the ampersand doesn't bring any meaning but I thought it kinda blend into the design and I love that I could use a clothespin on it. Not to mention, it's a super quick card too. Think I whip this in less than 15 mins ♥


Two weeks ago, I was commissioned to make a mini album for a retiring person. There are over 30 messages and I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to put them all into an album. Lucky it didn't take long :) I typed all the messages and print them out. Easy peasy. This is the album cover and I love the title so much. Retirement = World Longest Coffee Break. How true! Sorry for the color and quality of these pictures because I took them with my phone. I left my camera in the office and forgot to bring home. Told you, me and memory don't get along well ...lol.


There are over 30 pages and here are some of my favorites. Clean and simple...exactly my style :) I used quite a number of washi tape on this album too. I realized I like washi tape on album or card better compared to layout...which explains why I hardly use them on my layouts.


xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Cindy... these projects are beautiful!!! I love your style...!! hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. woho...time to continue my album

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to be on the worlds longest coffee break:) Awesome projects Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being featured on the SC blog!
    Your card is fabulous.... I just bought some mini-clothespins and am looking forward to using them!
    And your album is wonderful-- I'm sure they will be thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear cindy, I super love this card. So crazy love. I wanna scraplift!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS on being featured! Love your card to bits... literally! LOL once again well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I saw that gorgeous LO on the SC blog and left some love! And I just love when something you created inspires another creating...just beautiful!!

    The mini album is amazing! Such a very sweet and thoughtful gift. I can tell you, I would treasure that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the feature, that card is beautiful! I love the dimension of the banner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are amazing and congrats on the feature on SC! Truly deserving.. I feel for what you mentioned in the first post. The government chosen does affect countries around us, including my own Singapore. I am glad that Malaysians stood up for what is right and voted for who they believed would serve them better. That is good to know even if the results turned out otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the feature Cindy :) love the card loads!

    ReplyDelete