Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Embellish Fabric Color Challenge

Happy Friday ladies!

I made a card yesterday for the Embellish Fabric Color Challenge. I was greatly inspired by the challenge that I decided to join in the fun. There's also another person who greatly inspired me and she's none other than the talented Sarah Martina. She created the most beautiful shabby chic card. And here's my take on the challenge.



I did a lot of stamping on this card which I rarely do. First, I stamped the background using the bitty polka dots by Papertrey Ink. Then I die cut a butterfly on a piece of muslin fabric and stamped damask pattern on it. I even get to use my long hoarded Prima flowers for the body and the beautiful jewel brad is by my uber sweet friend, Jessy :) This is my first time using fabric and I love it!

Have a fun day!

20 comments:

  1. Love these bold colors! And your use of fabric is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, love this piece of work. wow.. love the way you combine and highlight the elements without overshadowing the others..
    thanks for dropping my blog. yes, from KL and I do know Jessy and Evelin too(met few times at craft stores) hehehe.. small crafter world. newbie, learning everyday as I see all the crafters' work.. so amazing to see different creativity in everyone.. God is wonderful and creative, isnt He? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! I just love the lace and that butterfly is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the Flourish with the butterfly! So pretty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work Cindy! You always have just the right embellishments for your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I LOVE that shabby chic fabric butterfly - you should stamp more often ;-D Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this is so gorgeous! I love the shabby look of it!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, just have to say, totally awesome, the vivid blue of that flower against the butterfly really sparkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always fun to play with tag. Totally diggin the stamp :) Dont u just love that jewel grommet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Cindy! This is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this is so cantik!! sorry we didn't get to meet up sayang... i only read your email once we're back in Singapore :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww..love that u use the tag on the card :) lovely lovely and all those stamping are just fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow wow wow, this is beautiful..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is stunning! Love your use of fabric on the gorgeous butterfly! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so shabby and oh-so-chic! LOVE it, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooh...!!! That tag, and the butterfly are wonderful! Love this card! Thanks for playing along with us, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete